Guard ministry property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Patrol buildings and grounds of ministry and affiliate establishments or work sites.
- Maintain a daily patrol log to be submitted to Security Supervisor.
- Examine doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehend or expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Watch for and report irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Observe departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Sound alarm or call police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Record data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic to maintain orderly flow.
- Keep uniform pressed and clean to maintain a professional appearance at all times.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years related experience and/or training. Must have valid driver license. Must be eligible for State Certification to be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge of public security codes, policies, and regulations.
- Skill in providing protection services to individuals on campus.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.