First the Bad News
Every person is a sinner before a Holy God and unable to save themselves
. . . for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
Every person is under the sentence of death and will be forever separated from God because of their sin.
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned (Romans 5:12)
Now the Good News
Through the substitutionary sacrificial death of Christ, God has addressed the sin problem for us
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8)
God offers a free pardon and eternal life to all who place faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ for their salvation
. . . that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation (Romans 10:9-10)
Would you like to trust the Lord Jesus Christ right now as your personal Savior?
Pray this prayer
Lord Jesus thank You for dying on the cross for my sins and rising from the dead to save me. By transferring my total trust to You alone as my Savior, I now receive the forgiveness for my sins and the free gift of eternal life that You offer me.
Do you need someone to talk with?
Call us @ 214-672-9191 today!
Additional Scriptures that summarize the Gospel:
- John 3:16
- John 5:24
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
- 2 Corinthians 5:19-21
- Ephesians 2:8-9
- Romans 3:21-22
Suggested Resources for New Believers
- Sermon Study Guides: Review the OCBF study guides to go deeper into Dr. Tony Evans’ sermons.
- Magnificent Grace: Experience the grace of God like never before.
- Encountering Jesus’ Name: Learn more about the power of Jesus’ name.
- The Priority of Prayer: Discover the importance of prayer in a Christian’s life.
- Loving Your Neighbor: Learn to love others in the same way God loves you.
- A Call to Eternal Salvation Through Jesus Christ: Gain a better understanding of your eternal salvation with the devotional by Dr. Tony Evans.
- Taking Your First Steps as a Follower of Jesus Christ: Review the one-week Bible reading plan by Claude V. King to grow in your faith.
- Beginning Your New Life in Christ: Jumpstart your new life in Christ with this Bible lesson by Melanie Newton.
- First Steps for New Believers: Take your first steps as a new believer with the Bible lesson by Need Him Global Ministries.
Visit the OCBF Bookstore for additional resources.