The Reconciliation Process
Congratulations for taking the first step towards reconciliation. To get started, you must complete the process as outlined below.
- Complete the Intake Form online. You may also download the Intake Form and mail it to the attention of the Reconciliation Director at 1808 W. Camp Wisdom Rd. or fax form to us at 214-672-9108.
- If you do not have access to a computer, call Reconciliation office at 214-672-9173 for an Intake Form to be mailed.
- Once we receive your form, the other party will be contacted to complete an Intake Form.
- A meeting will be scheduled after both Intake Forms have been completed and returned to the Reconciliation Ministry.
- Generally there are two meetings: (1) a pre-mediation coaching session held separately with each party and (2) the mediation held with both parties together. In some cases, depending on the complexity of cooperation of the parties, the mediation can take more than one meeting.
- Most meetings are held in the evening at 6:30pm to accommodate the work schedules of our volunteer mediators.
- The pre-mediation coaching meeting lasts an average of two hours. However, a mediation can last up to five hours. Please eat dinner before you come.
- If you refuse to reconcile or make peace with the other party and it involves a sin issue, church discipline may be appropriate.
- If the conflict is resolved, you and the party will sign a written agreement as proof of your resolution.
If you have questions about the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.