While Dr. Evans enjoys a well-deserved break this August, his son, Jonathan Evans, is preaching a five-part sermon series entitled “Losing is Winning,” from the book of Joshua.
Tune in every Sunday at 10 am, CT to join the broadcast for praise and worship and the Word of God.
Each week, we invite you to review the sermon from the past Sunday and use the questions below as a guide for your individual or group study time to go deeper into God’s word and connect in community. For God’s Word is not merely ink on paper; it is meant to challenge you at your very core and spur you on to take action for His Kingdom. Any time you interact with God’s Word is a great time to dig deep and see what God will do with your life!
Reflect on this week’s sermon. What is one point from the sermon that resonates with you? How does it relate to you?
Let’s Get Personal
- After reading the scripture and watching the sermon, what did you learn about God’s character?
- How will what you learned affect how you connect with God and with others?
- Think about and share with others a personal connection you made to the story of the passage.
- Share how this lesson from the scripture and sermon challenged your thinking.
- What might you need to change in your life to better align with God’s truth as learned through this passage and sermon?
- Based on what you have learned this week, share if you feel the need to adjust the way you connect with God and what that might look like.
- In light of God’s truth from this week’s lessons, how will you make adjustments in the way you serve others?
- How does the truth of the lesson affect how you interact with the lost?
- What are some practical steps you will take this week to strengthen your relationship with others?
Renew Your Mind
Joshua and all Israel pretended to be beaten before them, and fled by the way of the wilderness.