- What is a small group?
Small groups are made up of people who meet on a regular basis for the purpose of connecting relationally with one another, growing spiritually through prayer, encouragement and biblical application, and serving together. In short, small groups encourage all members to connect, grow, and serve.
- When and where do small groups meet?
Groups meet at various times and many different locations throughout the metroplex. We offer groups that meet on our church campus and off campus in various homes and locations. If you have any questions about how to get connected, please email us.
- What kinds of small groups are available?
OCBF classifies all small groups through the following broad affinity categories:
- Mixed (Couples and Singles)
- How can I find a small group?
Our list of open small groups can be searched via the small group locator, which is available during the fall and spring group launches. The locator allows you to send a direct message to the leader of the group you are interested in joining. The group leader will then make contact with you concerning the details of the group. Additionally, a list of various group opportunities, including support groups stewardship groups and other special interest groups can be accessed here.
- What can I expect when I join a small group at OCBF?
The small group experience includes:
- A minimum of two group meetings a month for the purpose of connecting with one another, growing spiritually through prayer, studying God’s Word, and serving together in ministry.
- A group study and discussion of Pastor Evans’ sermons or other approved curriculum for personal application.
- An optional third meeting once a month for fellowship time…a social outing with your group in a location determined by the group.
- One service project selected by your group where the light of Christ is displayed within our community.
- Spiritual growth, accountability, application of God’s Word and lots of fun!
- How do I sign up to become a small group leader?
Please fill out our Small Group Leader Application and submit it to email@example.com. As soon as we receive your application someone from our small group team will contact you about next steps.
- Is childcare available during the small group meeting times?
On-campus groups do offer childcare options. Off campus groups make their own arrangements for childcare based on the group’s priorities.
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please email us.
Frequently Asked Questions