Assist in the development, implementation, and management of the small groups and/or spiritual growth ministry components of Community Life by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Promote the Community Life Ministry during conferences, events and collaborations with various OCBF ministries.
- Develop and lead programmatic opportunities, events, and other resources to enhance women’s small groups.
- Recruit new participants in the Community Life Ministry with inclusion in Small Groups and Spiritual Growth, as applicable.
- Develop the short and long range planning process for Small Groups and Spiritual Growth.
- Assist with the management of the infrastructure for Small Groups and Spiritual Growth as needed.
- Forecast and manage budgetary requirements for various Small Group categories and Spiritual Growth.
- Identify, connect, develop, and train persons called to be leaders in Small groups and Spiritual Growth ministries.
- Collaborate with the Community Life team in developing curriculum for leader trainings and ministry campaigns.
- Provide ministry support in the form of phone calls and emails; and comfort and care concerns to ministry volunteers.
- Build and foster relationships with the ministry volunteers.
- Develop reports necessary for keeping the church fully informed on the activities of the Small Groups and Spiritual Growth using Microsoft Office applications.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of 2 years of experience in small groups ministry or group dynamics and knowledge of Christian principles required. Spiritual Growth course required or must be willing to enroll in the OCBF Spiritual Growth Course. Bachelor’s degree with bible and/or theology coursework strongly preferred.