Oversee all media services at the ministry including audio, video, lighting and media distribution by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Provide effective leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating plans for a comprehensive, system wide media program
- Schedule and coordinate with other media members to assure standardization of equipment and software across programs and buildings.
- Prepare budgets, coordinate with other departments or agencies to assure maximum services and resources, and maintain records/reports/inventories in accordance with church policies.
- Supervise all operators of audio and video recording equipment for the ministry.
- Operate audio, lighting or video for any approved outside groups using ministry facilities.
- Assess the current services provided and make recommendation for improvements.
- Prepare, produce and coordinate all aspects pertaining to Sunday AM televised worship service.
- Oversee the planning and production of special programming.
- Order all materials, supplies and equipment related to the distribution ministry.
- Serve as consultant to all committees and ministry teams for promotion of various church wide programs.
- Assist in calendaring of events to avoid calendar clutter.
- Stay abreast of current audio, video, lighting and distribution industry and monitor new trends, technologies, standards and innovations.
- Maintain audio and visual equipment (i.e. IMAG projectors, video cameras, CD/DVD duplicators, audio consoles etc.) in good working order and prepare/maintain preventive maintenance records on all equipment.
- Work closely with The Urban Alternative Ministry Media Department.
- Install new audio, video, lighting and distribution equipment.
- Complete Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship’s leadership requirements as outlined by the ministry.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree and five years experience or completion of specialized training plus four years experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year- for-year basis. Experience in electronics, production, live radio and TV production is desired. Also, the successful candidate will have knowledge of:
- Audio and video signal routing
- Media equipment characteristics
- Audio and Video Analog
- Digital Processing
- Skill in the art of mixing, A/V system design integration enhancement is required. The ability to troubleshoot audio, video, and lighting systems and fill a technical rider are also required.
Directly supervise Media staff and volunteers. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.