Summary: Implement the abstinence until marriage education and mentoring program in TTA’s participating public schools by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Build and cultivate a successful relationship with selected and referred students at high school, middle school, and elementary levels and matching them with trained mentors from the OCBF congregation and the community.
- Assist in the recruitment, screening and training of mentors from the OCBF congregation and community.
- Make regular phone calls to mentors and students to ensure a productive and positive match.
- Keep an accurate log/report of all matches between mentors and students to be reported to the Director of Public Schools TTA and program development.
- Maintain student files in an orderly and assessable fashion.
- Ensure that mentors and students have sufficient course material and space for their meetings.
- Provide crisis management services to students through referrals to other TTA programs and community services.
- Collaborate with other community organizations to provide a continuum of care for clients/participants.
- Coordinate with public school teachers to schedule classes be taught in the school year.
- Conduct periodic school assemblies and participate/conduct special events informing the campus and highlighting mentoring, sexual abstinence education, and other TTA services.
- Keep students, parents, and school faculty informed on all of TTA’s services, including updates and changes to program delivery.
- Prepare abstinence lesson plans, games, posters, and other curriculum aids essential to teach abstinence until marriage to public school youth and their parents.
- Teach youth ages 12-18 abstinence until marriage curriculum in TTA’s participating school clusters.
- Participate in an annual planning session of TTA’s school and site-based programs that include mentoring, sexual abstinence education, parent education, summer youth camp and special events.
- Work with other program coordinators to implement the summer youth camp and the annual back-to-school rally.
- Assist the Special Programs Coordinator with the High School Heroes program’s media campaigns to promote abstinence until marriage decisions and parent education workshops for TTA’s participating school clusters.
- Assist with pre and post assessments, data collection and evaluation of TTA’s school and site-based programs.
Education and/or ExperienceBachelor's degree (B. A.) required; three years related experience in a structured mentoring setting and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Teaching certificate preferred.