OCBF understands that social media represents a principal medium through which people connect for a myriad of purposes that are social, professional and/or spiritual in content. Our purpose in using social media takes into account that the vast majority of our members participate in online social networks, therefore, the church’s use of Facebook and Twitter will allow members and visitors to easily interact with us.
It is also our intent to use social media to encourage our church family and visitors spiritually as well as build community with our members, giving them a forum to connect and respond on specific issues, programs and events. Lastly, social media presents an opportunity to reach others beyond the church walls, inviting them to become a part of our family.
It is our desire to give our members and visitors a positive, social media experience. Therefore, all comments posted to the OCBF Facebook site are bound by Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, located at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php, and OCBF reserves the right to report any violation of Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities to Facebook with the intent of Facebook taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action. The same applies to Twitter and other social media sites. Comments containing any of the following inappropriate forms of content shall not be permitted on OCBF social media sites and are subject to removal and/or restriction by the OCBF Facebook Administrator:
- Profane, obscene, or pornographic content and/or language
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, gender, or national origin
- Defamatory or personal attacks
- Threats to any person or organization
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law
- Encouragement of illegal activity
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party.