Dear OCBF Family,
Wow! We are in our fourth week of bringing you virtual ministry! Although we prefer an in-person collective gathering, we are thankful for technology that allows us to stay in touch and connected as we continue to serve, encourage and love one another in the body of Christ.
Each week, our Senior Pastor, Dr. Tony Evans, has brought us a powerful, relevant and encouraging word from God. We hope you have been blessed and encouraged to trust God in this time of uncertainty. Watch Dr. Evans’ weekly update below.
This Sunday, April 5, at 10 am (CDT), join us for another online worship experience. Dr. Evans will challenge us with a message on “Hope: Treasure in Your Trial,” Jeremiah 29:11-14. You can tune in to this Sunday’s broadcast via:
We are so grateful to a team of committed ministry staff and volunteers who work diligently to serve our church family in a variety of ways using technology. And when ministry requires our physical presence, we do practice social distancing. Last Monday, our social outreach, The Turn•Around Agenda (TTA), in partnership with the North Texas Food Bank, distributed food boxes to 700 families.
Here are some of the ways we are serving our church family and the community:
- We have created a webpage, COVID-19 Resources, with ministry, technology and financial resources that can be useful during this difficult period.
- Many of our adult small groups are meeting via Zoom. Find a small group if you are not a part of a group now. Shortly, you will receive information about serving as a small group host for new groups that will be created.
- If you are in need of professional counseling, you can contact us by calling 214-672-9100, ext. 9152 or email us via our online contact form.
- Please continue to minister to our Comfort & Care list (password: comfortcare10).
- TTA continues to serve needy families with food boxes. Members who are able to donate nonperishable food (dry pasta, canned meat and vegetables, bread and fruit) can call 469-567-1793 to set a time to drop off their donations.
- The Winter session of TTA’s technology classes are in full swing via Zoom.
- Our children and youth ministries stay connected through Zoom, social media and text.
- Our Kingdom Agenda Bible Institute classes will conclude their Zoom sessions this week.
- We are truly grateful to Dr. Evans, his family and the OCBF Worship & Media Ministry for bringing us a powerful online worship experience each week.
More than ever, we need our members to continue their giving in tithes/offerings. Your giving allows us to do ministry, especially in the midst of this crisis. And in light of those members who are struggling financially because of layoffs or reduction in wages, your financial support at or above your normal level of giving is extremely important to our ability to sustain quality and comprehensive ministry. These are ways you can give:
- Mail: OCBF, 1808 W Camp Wisdom Rd, Dallas, TX 75232
- Website: OCBFChurch.org/Give
- Text OCBF to 797979
- OCBF Church Mobile App
Life goes on. Ministry goes on. Our hope and trust are anchored in the unshakable Kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We love you, and let’s continue to experience God together.