Plan, develop, and facilitate creative curriculum for the Youth Ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Assist the Director of Youth in planning age appropriate services for students in grades 7-12, worship programs, trips, and social events that affect the ministry.
- Schedule facilities as needed for programs/events.
- Assist worship coordinator with praise and worship.
- Monitor the use of equipment and facilities.
- Assist with the development of program material and facilitation of junior high Bible studies and services as directed by the Director of Youth.
- Lead small and large group settings.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs and/or events and identify areas where improvement is needed.
- Record information on and prepare reports concerning youth programs/events, costs, number of participants, and equipment and facility use.
- Recruit adequate parent volunteer supervision for events.
- Build and foster relationships with the junior and senior high school students by providing spiritual support and guidance as needed and staying abreast to the cultural and social trends that affect them.
- Communicate with youth, parents, and organizations that represent youth to determine needs and interest of youth.
- Facilitate a very positive Christian environment by serving as a role model to junior high students.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS); at least one to three years of experience and/or training that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Must be willing to complete the Christian Education Orientation and Core classes. Requires knowledge of Christian principles, youth ministry, and the policies and procedures of OCBF.