Coordinate and develop the technology program at Fellowship Christian Academy by working collaboratively with faculty, support staff, and instructing students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Implement the school’s technology plan and evaluate progress continuously.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with colleagues, parents, students, and church ministries to promote a positive learning environment.
- Create an environment that encourages student’s creativity and independent use of instructional technology.
- Facilitate the effective use of existing and emerging technology in the classroom and media center for teachers and students.
- Communicate the purpose and focus of the school’s instructional technology program effectively with colleagues, parents, students, church ministries, and members of the community.
- Train and assist teachers in integrating technology using student-centered strategies with the goal of improving student engagement and achievement.
- Effectively use technology integration and inclusion of Common Core standards in staff development and trainings.
- Train and develop faculty and support staff on current and new hardware and software.
- Facilitate staff participation in the evaluation and selection of software, hardware, and materials to support instructional objectives and student achievements.
- Coordinate training and support from outside vendors, consultants, and technology trainers.
- Ensure efficient maintenance, troubleshooting, operation and management of existing school technology resources and coordinate repairs with IT support staff as needed.
- Assist with the planning, design and installation of future expansions as growth and emerging technology demand.
- Ensure that technology needs are in place and functioning for school and parent meetings and coordinate school personnel use via Microsoft Outlook.
- Update and configure local workstations as needed and maintain inventory of hardware and related peripherals.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with protocols and processes for IT support.
- Maintain and support the use of student passwords, software library, and all necessary documentation for both campus hardware and software.
- Organize technology resources for easy accessibility by students and staff in coordination with the Librarian.
- Ensure software in the school is properly licensed and maintain related records.
- Follow established protocols and procedures to maintain network security.
- Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
- Follow established school policies, procedures and guidelines in a spirit of positive cooperation.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years related classroom teaching experience, preferably in a Christian School. State teacher certification or ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) certification is required. The successful candidate must complete the Christian philosophy of education in service.
Must demonstrate knowledge in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative suite, multimedia applications, interactive white board technology, tablet technology, 1-to-1 computing, BYOD computing, NETS, and Common Core standards for instructional technology.