Perform tasks related to receiving and processing inventory as assigned by the Resale Store Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Maintain good customer relations by providing prompt, courteous assistance to customers.
- Answer customer’s questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
- Receive incoming donations from the public and assist with scheduling daily hard line donation pick-ups.
- Assess the condition of received donations in accordance with the donation receipt and rejection policy.
- Provide donors with donation receipts.
- Sort, grade, hang, categorize, distribute, and store clothing, shoes, electrical items, house wares, and etc. items accurately and efficiently to meet established production goals.
- Maintain inventory database to ensure accurate reporting.
- Replenish sales floor stock and merchandise timely.
- Stock shelves, counters, racks and tables with merchandise and maintain their presentation.
- Set up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
- Maintain upkeep and order in the receiving area.
- Operate all equipment in a legal, safe manner, free of impairment due to drug and/or alcohol use.
- Comply with local traffic regulations and laws.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computerized inventory system and receiving experience is desired. Must be able to work most Saturdays and available during the week. Must have valid driver’s license.