Use researched-based best practices to provide creative teaching to reach the whole student: academically, spiritually, socially, and physically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Prepare scope and sequence for courses and deliver lesson plans that include learning goals and objectives derived from curriculum standards as defined by the Common Core, the State of Texas, and the school.
- Use differentiated instruction and student-centered teaching methods that meet the needs of individual students in a college-preparatory learning environment.
- Implement effective strategies, activities, and techniques for improving student achievement and promoting positive social behaviors.
- Prepare, administer, correct, and record pre-assessments, ongoing assessments, and summative assessments of individual learning in a timely fashion to direct instruction.
- Prepare, administer, correct, record, and provide timely feedback for assessments of learning.
- Establish clear expectations for rules of conduct.
- Maintain a clean, attractive, safe, and well-ordered classroom at all times.
- Provide guidance to students when social and academic adjustments are needed. Initiate constructive communication with parents regarding student’s academic achievement, behavior, and social development.
- Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records.
- Proactively use emails, telephones, online learning portals, and conferences to keep students, parents, and administration adequately informed of student progress.
- Plan through the approved channels the balanced classroom use of field trips, guest speakers, and other media.
- Attend and participate in scheduled devotionals, in-service, committees, faculty, and parent meetings.
- Use the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, parents, faculty and administration to bring about resolve.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years related classroom teaching experience, preferably in a Christian school. State Teacher certification (Standard or Alternative) or ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) certification is required. EC-6 Generalist certification preferred with emphasis in Math and Science. The successful candidate must complete the Christian philosophy of education in-service. Specific training in Understanding by Design, Response to Intervention, or Differentiated Instruction preferred.