Assist the Executive Director with planning, coordinating, implementing and executing a comprehensive marketing plan for OCBF’s affiliate ministries while ensuring the church message and brand is consistent across the ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure the marketing of affiliate ministries is supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies and brand guidelines.
- Develop, train and execute the department’s processes with the affiliate ministries and departments.
- Create copy for brochures, website, commercials, ads, annual reports and for other print and electronic promotional media for affiliate ministries.
- Edit brochures, publications, ads and other print and electronic promotional media.
- Develop social media strategies using best practices.
- Develop and coordinate a variety of social media content to include stories, articles, photography, events, ads, etc. to support the marketing goals of the affiliate ministries.
- Attend events, meetings and other activities of the affiliate ministries to gather content, including photography and video, to use in advertising campaigns.
- Assist the Web Administrator with content management and updates to the affiliate ministries’ websites.
- Provide assistance and technical training to the staff members in the navigation of processes to request marketing services.
- Research, prepare, and compile data and other documents for consideration and presentations.
- Assist in the preparation of the department budget while monitoring department’s expenditures and budget accounts associated with the affiliate ministries’ advertising budgets.
- Assign, track, and receive marketing services through the prescribed process and project management tools.
- Assist the Communications Supervisor in obtaining external price quotes for outsourcing marketing services for the affiliate ministries.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and an annual strategic planning session of the Ministry Advancement department.
- Maintain knowledge of fundamental project management processes, methodologies and tools and techniques with the ability to adapt them to organization.
- Participate in continuing education courses, professional organizations, seminars and workshops, reading current literature and maintain professional contacts in the community.
- Provides additional assistance as required to support the efforts of the department.
Education and/or Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Three years as a marketing coordinator with experience managing to deliverables and milestones on time/within budget/meeting business needs.
- Three years in copywriting of newsletters, ads, press releases, web copy, and public presentations.
- A minimum of two years working with teams.
- A minimum of two years working with budgets and financial statements.
- Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills and other Abilities
- Knowledgeable of community resources.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
- Presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, oral, and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities and achieve goals.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse ethnic groups and high-risk populations.