Provide both hardware and software support for internal and external clients by developing, analyzing, and implementing databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize end-user requests to quickly resolve client concerns.
- Provide remote assistance via phone or travel to said location to assist client.
- Provide both hardware and software fixes, upgrades, installation of new systems.
- Assist Network Administrator and Help Desk Team, as required, with projects and or specified tasks.
- Partner with the IT team for regular system maintenance of servers supporting OCBF applications and systems.
- Assess user training needs and train users on software and hardware, on-site, in classroom, or recommend outside contractors to provide training, for effective use of the databases.
- Provide technical direction and support for the church management systems and support for existing software/hardware infrastructures.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with existing systems and solve related issues.
- Work closely with other departments and ministries, providing necessary assistance and/or input regarding events or projects where IT services are required.
- Gather, analyze, and report information regarding databases utilizing SSRS for various metrics and reporting needs.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree in computer science or related field (AA) required, or equivalent from college or technical school, or 3 years related experience and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft products, including Microsoft SQL 2012, 2016 and later versions, Microsoft Office 365, and Azure.
- Experience with Church Management Systems, specifically Rock RMS, a plus.
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to foster relationships and successfully mitigate specific difficult circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with all internal and external clients at all levels of business; must be a “People Person”, possessing a heart for service.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.