Work as part of the Ministry Advancement team to create promotional materials including, but not limited to, graphic design and layout, multimedia presentations, newsletter layouts, trademark creations and design other publicity products such as tee shirts, posters, flyers, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Participate in an annual strategic marketing planning session for the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan to maximize membership, ministry and revenue growth for OCBF and affiliate organizations.
- Create promotional media, including the graphic design and layout of projects, i.e. web pages, multimedia presentations, pictorial directory, newsletters, trademark creations and other publicity products such as t-shirts, posters, flyers, etc. for programs and events that target church membership and the public at large.
- Provide visual solutions for the promotional needs of ministries using a blend of creative skill and marketing awareness.
- Protect the design of identity systems and trademarks for OCBF and affiliate organizations.
- Work closely with the Ministry Advancement Assistant to keep abreast of all OCBF church and affiliates’’ events and programs for proper scheduling, assignment and management of tasks.
- Interact in a professional, courteous and timely manner with the ministries of the church on their communication and promotional needs as part of the Spirit of the Ministry.
- Assist with the design, creation and updating of internal and external web pages for OCBF and affiliate organizations.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the communications team to improve synergy and enhance creativity in assigned projects.
- Enhance processional growth and development through participation in continuing education courses, professional organizations, seminars and workshops, reading current literature and maintaining professional contacts in the community.
- Provides additional assistance as required to support the efforts of the department.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent in graphic design, visual arts or the equivalent; two years direct responsibility for multi-faceted marketing program; strong working knowledge of marketing and design; experience with a variety of computer graphics and desktop publishing programs; familiarity with web design standards; excellent communication skills (clean, articulate and professional in speaking and writing). The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of community resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- Knowledgeable of Adobe Creative Suite products
- Presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, oral and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities and achieve goals.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse ethnic groups and high-risk populations.