Performs and oversees a variety of cooking, food preparation, and serving for the ministry by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen appliances.
- Prepare items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Prepare, setup, and serve staff, students, catered events and additional patrons.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including shelves and cooking equipment.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Handle, store, and rotate all products properly.
- Assist the Food Service Supervisor in preparing a monthly inventory of all items in stock in the kitchen dry storage and freezer.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Must be willing to work outside of normal schedule for catered events.