Assist teachers with providing a caring and supportive environment to children enrolled in the Early Childhood program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Assist teachers with curriculum planning, supervision, and teaching of children in a classroom setting.
- Plan, prepare, and/or develop various teaching aides for use in the classroom, including activity sheets, drawings, and handouts.
- Provide a safe and stimulating educational environment.
- Present subject matter to children, under the guidance of a teacher, utilizing a variety of methods including stories, discussions, and role-playing.
- Lead classroom activities in the absence of the teacher.
- Assist children individually or in groups with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Keep ratio counts.
- Assist with playground activities.
- Clean/sanitize tables, chairs, and sweep floor; assist students in restrooms, if needed.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience and/or training in working with children ages 18 months to 4 years.