Responsible for the general supervision and management of children enrolled in the Early Childhood program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Plan and implement appropriate early childhood education experiences with a variety of materials in the fields of art, music, literature, science, etc.
- Prepare daily attendance report for children in assigned group.
- Supervise and promote activities designed to enhance the healthy emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of each child.
- Maintain progress records of each child’s growth and development, prepare periodic reports, and review with the director and parents.
- Work with parents to promote understanding of their child’s growth and development; encourage parent participation in school programs; attend parent group and Early Childhood functions; conduct conferences on request.
- Be responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning environment of the classroom and its learning centers.
- Supervise the upkeep of all educational equipment and materials in assigned area.
- Clean/sanitize tables, chairs, and sweep floor; assist students in restrooms, if needed.
- Participate in recommended training programs, conferences, courses, and other aspects of professional growth, maintaining current knowledge of early childhood practices.
- Assist with training and assigning daily tasks to classroom assistants and/or primary floaters.
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times.
- Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, parents, staff and administration.
Coordinate classroom operations in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining classroom order, curriculum planning, and guiding daily tasks.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree or above in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or equivalent; CDA (Child Development Associate) Credential with at least one year of experience working in a regulated child care facility.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CDA, CPR, and First Aid