Responsible for the general supervision and management of children enrolled in the Early Childhood program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Plan and implement appropriate early childhood education experiences with a variety of materials in the fields of art, music, literature, science, etc.
- Prepare daily attendance report for children in assigned group.
- Supervise and promote activities designed to enhance the healthy emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of each child.
- Maintain progress records of each child’s growth and development, prepare periodic reports, and review with the director and parents.
- Work with parents to promote understanding of their child’s growth and development; encourage parent participation in school programs; attend parent group and Early Childhood functions; conduct conferences on request.
- Be responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning environment of the classroom and its learning centers.
- Supervise the upkeep of all educational equipment and materials in assigned area.
- Clean/sanitize tables, chairs, and sweep floor; assist students in restrooms, if needed.
- Participate in recommended training programs, conferences, courses, and other aspects of professional growth, maintaining current knowledge of early childhood practices.
- Assist with training and assigning daily tasks to classroom assistants and/or primary floaters.
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times.
- Use the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, parents, staff and administration.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree or above in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or CDA (Child Development Associate) Credential with at least two years of experience working in a regulated child care facility.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR and First Aid