Ensure a seamless flow of information throughout the organization, considering the both backend data structure (assisting with the interpretation of data), and frontend accessibility for end-users while providing highly secure systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Build and maintain database systems of high availability and quality.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user in an appropriate format and in a timely and secure manner.
- Maintain high-quality data backups and test recoverability.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data analysis and database management support.
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Work with Information Technology to perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a computer discipline or relevant certification.
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a Database Administrator or Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, and integrity.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding.
- Previous experience with DB case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools.