Transport passengers to specified locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Safely and professionally drive a passenger bus.
- Enforce and communicate the safety rules to passengers.
- Perform pre-trip inspection prior to departure to check for visual defects and check operating system – brakes, horn, tires, belts, mirrors, windshield wipers, lights, first-aid kits, extended stop arms, emergency equipment, and door-opening devices.
- Report any mechanical problems immediately and watch for warning signs or lights.
- Maintain the inside of the bus before and after trips by removing all trash, cleaning up spills, and cleaning windows as needed.
- Check bus upon arrival of destination for any lost articles and make sure no one has been left on board.
- Perform post trip inspection of bus in accordance with the fleet management policies and procedures and ensure that the bus is properly secured and keys are returned to proper area.
- Complete all required paperwork and submit it to the appropriate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Operate all equipment in a legal, safe manner, free of impairment due to drug and/or alcohol use.
- Follow the fleet management policies and procedures in the event of a breakdown and when reporting accidents.
- Comply with local traffic regulations and laws.
- Attend all assigned training.
Education and/or Experience
Licences and Certifications
Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Class B rating and a passenger endorsement required. Must pass a physical examination at least every two (2) years and have no points on driving record as verified by the Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS).