Develop, interpret, and implement complex financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Conduct special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Provide interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory, or customer financial regulations.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Identify trends and recommend improvements accordingly.
- Evaluate complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
- Direct preparation of studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Interpret and apply corporate financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory.
- Establish databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Advise the Pastor of Christian Education in monetary matters.
- Ensure the monthly reconciliation of accounts receivables and payables.
- Record cost of newly- acquired fixed assets (tangible), track existing fixed assets, record depreciation, and account for the disposition fixed assets.
- Record accounting transactions according to generally accepted accounting principles, and ensure that the internal controls minimize the possibility of misappropriation and/or mismanagement of assets.
- Analyze weekly and monthly budget expenditures and compare with the yearly budget.
- Provide corrective measures when any financial adversities occur.
- Assist Director of Accounting in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus five years of accounting or related experience.