THE TRIUMPHANT TRIP TO HEAVEN Part 5
Growth for Your Journey
2 Peter 1:1-11
download Growth for Your Journey
If you want to maximize your spiritual potential, you must grow spiritually. You must pursue growth – continuously and purposefully developing your Christian character. Spiritual growth is a guarantee for the believer, but it is not automatic. The first step is prioritizing your spiritual growth. Milk would be a priority as a proper nutrient for a developing newborn; similarly your spiritual growth must be a priority for you development. Once your spiritual growth is a priority, you must then take advantage of the seven supplements for spiritual growth (last week’s sermon). God promises spiritual growth within the new nature when believers are in sync with His method for receiving it.
Spiritual growth is the result of a productive life. It shows up in the life of a believer who proves useful and fruitful. When you choose to have a life that God can use, you end up not having a wasted life. Productivity in the life of the believer results from increasing intimacy with the Savior as you grow in the knowledge of the Son of God. As you become more beneficial to God’s program, He becomes more real and more evident in you.
When the believer experiences growth, it is as a result of the expansion of the understanding and application of grace. As you seek to know more about Christ, spend time with Him and live a life that is pleasing to Him, you are guaranteed growth. You can count on growing spiritually when you focus on the pursuit of God’s glory.
- What is your most important take way from today’s sermon? Share with your group.
- So many people today are content to meander in their spiritual walks without making the effort to grow spiritually. After listening to today’s sermon what would you tell someone that didn’t see the importance of their own participation in their growth? Why should they care enough to do something about their spiritual potential?
- Is spiritual growth a priority for you? Why or why not?
- After listening to today’s sermon, what changes are you willing to make in prioritizing things for your spiritual growth?
- Have you already seen growth in your spiritual life? How did you participate in the process of your growth in the Lord? Share your story. It will encourage someone else in your group!
- What has gotten in the way of your spiritual growth thus far in your walk with the Lord? Is there anything you could have been doing differently that would have you farther along in your spiritual journey? What can you do now to be move you farther along the course of your spiritual life?
- Part of the importance of being in a small group spiritually is the blessing of encouragement, accountability, and prayer. How can your spiritual community encourage you, hold you accountable or pray for you as you seek to grow?
- Want to dig deeper? Take a look at 1 Peter 2:1-2, 2 Peter 3:18, John 15:1-16, Colossians 1:9-12, Ephesians 4:14-16, and 1 Peter 5:10.
For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:8
The Triumphant Trip to Heaven
Part 1 - Preparation for Glory
Part 2 - Passion for Your Journey
Part 3 - Faith for Your Journey
Part 4 - Supplements for Your Journey
The Eternal Perspective
Part 1 - The Motivation for Ministry
Part 2 - Living in Light of Eternity
Part 3 - Loving the Wrong World
Part 4 - Changing Vanity into Victory
Part 5 - The Key to Being Truly Rich
Part 6 - The Reassurance of a Heavenly Perspective
Part 7 - From Heaven to Earth
Part 8 - The Heavenly Broadcast Network
Part 9 - Pursuing Your Heavenly Citizenship
Part 10 - Preparing for Eternity
Prophecy: A Preview of Coming Attractions
Part 1 - Why Prophecy Matters
Part 2 - The Key to Prophecy
Part 3 - Israel and the Church
Part 4 - Rapture of the Church
Part 5 - The Judgment Seat of Christ
Part 6 - The Coming Tribulation
Part 7 - The Second Coming of Christ
Part 8 - The Millennial Kingdom
Part 9 - The White Throne Judgment
Part 10 - What Happens When You Die
Part 11 - The Glory of Heaven
Part 12 - The Agony of Hell
Watch Your Mouth
Part 1 - Dynamite In Your Dentures
Part 2 - Judgment In Your Jaws
Part 3 - Power in Your Palate
Part 4 - God in Your Gums
Part 5 - Victory in Your Voice
Part 6 - Lord Over Your Lips
Finding God’s Direction for Your Life
The Unpredictable Path of Faith
Mother’s Who Believed God
Say “Thank You”
It Ain't Over
Waiting on God
Be Careful How You Build