Understanding the Passive Wrath of God
The passive wrath of God releases us to the consequences of our own degrading passions. Men, seeking independence from God, go to illegitimate sources to satisfy their lust. This then leads them to further consequences because depraved thinking. A depraved mind means that a person’s thinking gets so crazy that they not only do wrong themselves but they also approve others who also do wrong.
Many people want to address the negative consequences we receive without addressing what may have brought on the problem in the first place. All too often we have brought consequences on ourselves by rejecting Christ and thus, experiencing His passive wrath. Therefore the consequences we experience cannot be addressed unless we also address the personal sin that caused them.
- How has your life been impacted from the Overcoming series that Pastor Evans completed?
- What resonated with you most from this week’s sermon?
- How does this understanding of God’s wrath affect you? How does God’s wrath described above differ from more common active acts of wrath (for example: The 12 plagues in Egypt)?
- Are you currently experiencing the wrath of God? Does this week’s explanation of sin and its consequences make you view your circumstances differently?
- How does this understanding affect your view of what is currently happening in the world? Does this influence how you view world events?
- While we can’t go back in time, we can make changes to how we live tomorrow. What change in your life do you need to make with regard to sin? By doing so, what consequences do you hope to avoid or to minimize?
- Honoring God always involves turning away from sin. Turning away from sin always starts with repentance. For what sin do you need to repent today? Share with your group for accountability and allow your group to pray for you.
- Want to dig deeper? Take a look at the following Scriptures: Ezekiel 33:11, Exodus 34:7, Romans 11:22, Nahum 1:2-7
Part 1: Why Sin Matters
Part 2: The Strategy of Satan
Part 3: Sin’s Deathtrap
Part 4: Sowing & Reaping
Part 5: Understanding the Passive Wrath of God
Part 1: The Key to Becoming an Overcomer
Part 2: The Priority of an Overcomer
Part 3: The Faithfulness of an Overcomer
Part 4: The Conviction of an Overcomer
Part 5: The Intolerance of an Overcomer
Part 6: The Commitment of an Overcomer
Part 7: The Obedience of an Overcomer
Part 8: The Authenticity of an Overcomer
The Triumphant Trip to Heaven
Part 1 - Preparation for Glory
Part 2 - Passion for Your Journey
Part 3 - Faith for Your Journey
Part 4 - Supplements for Your Journey
Part 5 - Growth for Your Journey
Part 6 - Failure in Your Journey
Part 7 - Chosen for the Journey
Part 8 - Completion of the Journey
The Eternal Perspective
Part 1 - The Motivation for Ministry
Part 2 - Living in Light of Eternity
Part 3 - Loving the Wrong World
Part 4 - Changing Vanity into Victory
Part 5 - The Key to Being Truly Rich
Part 6 - The Reassurance of a Heavenly Perspective
Part 7 - From Heaven to Earth
Part 8 - The Heavenly Broadcast Network
Part 9 - Pursuing Your Heavenly Citizenship
Part 10 - Preparing for Eternity
Finding God’s Direction for Your Life
The Unpredictable Path of Faith
Mother’s Who Believed God
Say “Thank You”
It Ain't Over
Waiting on God
Be Careful How You Build