Esther 5 - 6
God can use His invisible hand to create circumstances that look like coincidences but are truly a part of His perfect plan. We must be on the alert for how God might be moving through ordinary interruptions with perfect timing. We have to keep our eyes open for the coincidental “look-alikes.” Not only did God move through a series of seemingly coincidental moments, He also created a great reversal in their situation. God reversed the racial prejudice demonstrated by Haman’s hatred for the Jews. Haman who previously received honor was forced to then honor his enemy Mordecai. God allowed both Esther and Mordecai to experience the victory of overcoming a bleak situation. If we begin to look at how God can turn things around through little coincidences, we will see more of Him. People often look for the big stuff but we need to look for the small moves of God and celebrate His providential power. Once you begin to live with an eye to see His invisible hand, you will see that He is working on your behalf. The key is to be like Esther and decide to act in righteousness and walk in obedience. Once we position ourselves under His rule and direction, we will see more of His divine providence at work.
- Think about the people you know at home, at work, or in your community? What characterizes their explanation of coincidences, a belief in luck or a belief in the providential hand of God?
- What does it look like for you to look for God in the little things in your life?
- What inconspicuous or small things has God used for good in your life?
- Have you ever experienced God using your enemies to bless you? Share that experience with your group.
- How will you look at “chance happenings” differently in light of the message? What chance happenings are happening in your life right now that you see differently as a result of listening to this week’s sermon?
- What decisions do you need to make regarding righteousness in your life that might make it possible for you to see God’s providential hand? Share that with your group.
- Want to go deeper? Take time to look at the following passages: Psalm 121:4, 127:2; Daniel 1:8-16; I Samuel 9:1-21; Proverbs 16:7; 21:1, 3:1-30, 6:1-28
Esther: Pathway to Purpose
Part 3: Divine Coincidences
Part 2: For Such A Time As This
Part 1: Seeing the Invisible Hand
U Turn: Reversing Your Consequences
Part 12: Reversing Demonic Consequences
Part 11: Reversing Idolatrous Consequences
Part 10: Reversing Sexual Consequences
Part 9: Reversing Anxiety Consequences
Part 8: Reversing Financial Consequences
Part 7: Reversing Addiction Consequences
Part 6: Reversing Discrimination Consequences
Part 5: Reversing Generational Consequences
Part 4: Reversing Irreversible Consequences
Part 3: Reversing Incurable Consequences
Part 2: Reversing Spiritual Consequences
Part 1: The Key to Your Reversal
Part 1: Why Sin Matters
Part 2: The Strategy of Satan
Part 3: Sin’s Deathtrap
Part 4: Sowing & Reaping
Part 5: Understanding the Passive Wrath of God
Part 6: Free to Choose
Part 1: The Key to Becoming an Overcomer
Part 2: The Priority of an Overcomer
Part 3: The Faithfulness of an Overcomer
Part 4: The Conviction of an Overcomer
Part 5: The Intolerance of an Overcomer
Part 6: The Commitment of an Overcomer
Part 7: The Obedience of an Overcomer
Part 8: The Authenticity of an Overcomer
Finding God’s Direction for Your Life
The Unpredictable Path of Faith
Mother’s Who Believed God
Say “Thank You”
It Ain't Over
Waiting on God
Be Careful How You Build