Overview of the Process
- State your intent to join by doing one of the following:
- Attend a prospective members meeting
- Register and attend a pre-membership class on the first Sunday of the month.
- Complete a visitation with an OCBF Leader.
- Attend Presentation Sunday.
- During Presentation Sunday, you will participate in the following:
- Baptism (optional)
- Presentation to membership
- Right hand of fellowship
At the end of each Sunday morning service, an invitation to join our church is extended by one of the pastors. Those individuals interested in membership will be directed to the stage and then escorted to Room 4 by a volunteer or they can come to Room 4 on their own at the end of the service. During that time, prospective members will complete paperwork and have the opportunity to ask questions about the membership process.
If you are visiting our website and are considering membership, please register for one of the classes listed under the current schedule of Pre-Membership Classes and then download course materials.
The Discover OCBF Membership Class meets the first Sunday of each month from 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Youth Room of the Education Center, which is located directly across the street from the Worship Center. However, you must register for the class. The class will cover the following:
- An overview of the entire membership process
- The church’s constitution and by-laws
- The importance of spiritual growth
- Welcome & Challenge by our senior pastor, Dr. Tony Evans.
- Please complete the Spiritual Gifts Assessment, view the Pre-Membership Videos, and the lesson on pages 26-31 in the Discover OCBF Membership Handbook prior to class time. You may type the answers in the allotted fill-in spaces online.
After you complete the pre-membership class, Membership Services will contact you with information about the leader assigned to visit with you. Your assigned Leader will contact you to arrange a meeting or visitation. The purpose of this meeting is for your Leader to get to know you and answer any questions you may have that were not addressed during your class.
Once your leader visitation is completed, you are scheduled for baptism (if desired), to receive the “Right Hand of Fellowship,” and to be presented as a member to your new OCBF church family. This takes on the first Sunday of the month.
- Membership Home
- Discover OCBF Membership Process
Overview of the Process
Schedule of Classes
- Membership Course Materials
Spiritual Gifts Assessment Instructions
Discover OCBF Membership Handbook
New Members Class Videos
Volunteer Opportunities Catalog
- Sign up for a Volunteer Opportunity
- Update Your Member Profile
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Discover OCBF Membership Class meets the first Sunday of each month (with the exception of June and August) from 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Youth Room of the Education Center. You must register for the class.
January class - register now
February class - register now
March class - register now
April class - register now
May class - register now
July class - register now
September class - register now
November class - register now
December class - register now